Mar 05 2012
In Geography this morning, our 6th class pupils reflected on the recent damage the Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill of 2010 caused. Our findings were interesting:
1. One hundred and two school gyms could have been filled with the amount of oil that was spilled.
2. The name of the Oil Rig was The Deep Water Horizon.
3. It released 4.9 million barrels in to the ocean.
4. The explosion killed 11 men working on the platform.
5. It was two days before anybody noticed the underwater contamination.
6. 150 endangered sea turtles were killed.
7. BP accepted some of the blame.
8.The Oil Spill began on the 20th of April 2010.
9. 62 Million Dollars was paid out to Gulf Residents.