To download any of Eliana’s Italian recipes, please download from the recipes below. Enjoy!
Recipe 2: PIZZA
It originates from Neapolitan Cusine. In 1889, during a visit to Naples, Queen Margherita of Italy was served a pizza resembling the colors of the Italian flag, red (tomato), white (mozzarella) and green (basil). This kind of pizza has been named after the Queen as Pizza Margherita.
Neapolitan pizza (pizza napoletana), is typically made with tomatoes and Mozzarella cheese. They can be made with ingredients like San Marzano tomatoes, which grow on the volcanic plains to the south of Mount Vesuvius, and mozzarella di bufala Campana, made with the milk from water buffalo raised in the marshlands of Campania and Lazio in a semi-wild state (this mozzarella is protected with its own European protected designation of origin).
TODAY WE HAVE BAKED PIZZA
WHAT DID WE USE?
– 500g of flour
– 7 g of yeast
– 2 table spoons of oil of olive
– warm water (neither hot nor cold)
– pinch of salt
– 1 bottle of tomato passata /available in Super Value or Tesco
HOW DID WE DO?
– In a bowl put 500 g of plain flour
– Make an hole with your hand in the middle of the mountain of flour.
– melt the yeast in a glass of warm water
– add the water with yeast, in the middle of the hole a little at a time
– Mix in the flour a little at a time and mix with your hands;
– when you finish water with yeast, add in the middle the 2 spoons of oil and a pinch of salt and keep kneading
– If you still have flour at the border add more warm water to finish it, and keep kneading
– After 2 minutes you will have an elastic dough
– Let it rest for 1 and half to 2 hours and cover it with towels or blanket to keep it warm.
After 2 hours…
– put some oil of olive in a baking pan
– Cut a piece of dough with your hands very gently
– put a little of flour on the table and put the dough on it
– start pressing gently and turn it to give it a rounded shape
– put the rounded dough in the baking pan and keep spreading the dough with your hands
– Add tomato passata, small pieces of mozzarella, oil of olive and basil
– Put in the oven at 250° C of temperature (more or less for 20 min – it can change according to the oven, so it is better to check!)
– It will be ready when it gets a golden color
Recipe 1: How To Make Sauce and Cook Fresh Pasta
Today I did some fresh pasta with the kids. They had been very good, so it would be nice to cook it for them and for you.
To make a very good pasta the first step is to make a tasty tomato sauce.
What you need is:
– Oil of olive 2 spoons
– ¼ of onion or 1 glove of garlic
– Tomato sauce
– ½ teaspoon of salt
Put the oil in a saucepan and make it hot. Cut the ¼ of onion or the glove of garlic in very small pieces and put them in the oil. When they look gold, add the tomato sauce.
Let cook for 20 min the sauce with a low heat
Anyway if you don’t have enough time, you can buy a prepared sauce at the shop J
At the same time in a pan put water and make it boil. When water boils, put the fresh pasta in it and add 2 teaspoons of salt. After 5 minutes drain the pasta and add the tomato sauce. Put in plates, serve… and
No responses yet